Watt Family Collection, 1830 - 1880 | East Texas Research Center
By Allison Grimes
This collection contains personal letters between Mary Watt and her brother Thomas Kerr as well as between Andrew Watt and his aunt. There are also Dr. Watt’s copies of prescriptions and receipts for the treatment of various patients. There are numerous business receipts and ledgers from Andrew Watt’s business dealings. Included are tax documents.
Robert Watt was a doctor in Marshall County, Mississippi. He was married to Mary Kerr Watt. They had at least one son, Andrew Watt who was a cotton farmer. Little else is known about this family.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Prescriptions and Doctor’s Receipts
- Folder 2: Prescriptions and Doctor’s Receipts
- Folder 3: Business Correspondence
- Folder 4: Business Receipts and Accounts
- Folder 5: Business Receipts and Accounts
- Folder 6: Personal Letters (Originals and Transcripts)
- Folder 7: Tax and Government Documents
- Folder 8: Miscellaneous Papers and Notes