John F. Kennedy Assassination Collection, 1963-1994 | East Texas Research Center
Extent: 5.0 Boxes
Access Restrictions: Open for research.
Acquisition Method: Gift
Brennan, Howard L. Eyewitness to history : the Kennedy assassination as seen by Howard L. Brennan. Waco, TX: Texian Press, 1987. ETRC E842.9 .B73 1987
Garrison, Jim. On the trail of the assassins : my investigation and prosecution of the murder of President Kennedy. NY: Sheridan Press, 1988. ETRC E842.9 .G35 1988
Kennedy, John F. Neither the fanatics nor the faint-hearted : the tour leading to the President's death and the two speeches he could not give. Austin, TX: Pemberton Press, 1963. ETRC J82 .D9x
Lifton, David S. Best evidence : disguise and deception in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. NY: Macmillan, 1980. ETRC E842.9 .L47
Martin, Murphy. Front row seat : a veteran reporter relives the four decades that shaped America. Austin, TX: Eakin Press, 2003. ETRC PN4874.M4835 A3 2003x
November 22--the day remembered. Dallas: Taylor Publishing, 1990. ETRC E842.9 .N68 1990
Scheim, David E. Contract on America : the Mafia murder of President John F. Kennedy. NY: Shapolsky Publishers, 1988. ETRC E842.9 .S33 1988
Sloan, Bill. JFK : breaking the silence. Dallas: Taylor Publishing, 1993. ETRC E842.9 .S54 1993
Sloan, Bill. JFK : the last dissenting witness. Gretna, LA: Pelican, 1992. ETRC E842.9 .S55 1992
Texas. Attorney General's Office. Texas supplemental report on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the serious wounding of Governor John B. Connally, November 22, 1963. Austin, 1964. ETRC E842.9 .T45
Thompson, Josiah. Six seconds in Dallas : a micro-study of the Kennedy assassination. NY: Geis Associates, 1967. ETRC E842.9 .T49 1967
Wise, Dan. The day Kennedy died. San Antonio: Naylor, 1964. ETRC E842.9 .W5
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Invitation to the luncheon in honor of President Kennedy to be given by the Dallas Citizens Council, the Dallas Assembly, and the Science Research Center, November 22, 1963
- Binder 1: "Transcript of Dallas Police Radio Transmissions", November 22, 1963
- Binder 2: Investigation of the Assassination of the President," reports of evidence found at the Texas School Book Depository of the shooting of the President; interviews of people in and around the Depository at the time of the shooting; interviews of wit nesses to the shooting of Officer Tippit; police Case Reports: Oswald shooting Kennedy, Oswald shooting Tippit, Jack Ruby shooting Oswald, 1963
- Binder 3: "Kennedy, John Fitzgerald, Assassination, November 22, 1963; Investigation by J. E. Bill Decker, Sheriff, Dallas County, Texas," interviews of witnesses to the assassination by the Sheriff's Department, November 22-27, 1963
- Box 2
- Binder 1: "Lee Harvey Oswald," interviews with people who knew or worked with Oswald; school records of Oswald; Dan Smoot Report on the assassination, November 1963 - February 1964
- Binder 2: "Marguerite C. Oswald V. King Candy Company," records relating to Oswald's mother's suit against her employer for an injury received at her work place, 1958-1959
- Binder 3: Investigation of the Operational Security Involving the Transfer of Lee Harvey Oswald, November 24, 1963," statements from police involved with the transfer of Oswald from Dallas City jail to Dallas County jail when Oswald was shot by Ruby, November 24 - December 19, 1963
- Box 3
- Binder 1: "Officer J. D. Tippit," Dallas Police Department personnel records of Tippit who was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, 1953-1963
- Binder 2: "Dallas Police Reports," police reports of preparations for Kennedy's visit to Dallas; police reports of belongings of Oswald and Ruby taken in investigations after their deaths; reports of investigations of any connection between Ruby and Oswald, November 1963 - August 1964
- Binder 3: "Dallas Police," investigation of the background of Jack Ruby, November 1963 - February 1964
- Box 4
- Binder 1: "Texas Supplemental Report, Correspondence File," investigations of the President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy and the Texas Court of Inquiry, November 1963 - August 1964
- Binder 2: "Evidence," photocopies of photographs of Oswald, his identification cards, weapons, family, and other items
- Binder 3: "Photographs, Oswald's Property," photocopies of photographs of Oswald's property taken in a search of Ruth Paine's property, November 23, 1963
- Binder 4: "Photographs, Aerial View of Downtown and Oak Cliff Sections of Dallas Showing Oswald's Known and Probable Routes."
- Binder 5: "Photographs, Exterior and Interior of Texas Depository Building Reconstruction."
- Binder 6: "Photographs, J. D. Tippit Area of Shooting and Location Oswald Arrested."
- Binder 7: Photographs, Persons Appearing With Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas Police Department Identification 'Line-Up'."
- Binder 8: "Photographs, City Hall Basement (Lee Harvey Oswald)."
- Binder 9: "Photographs, Oswald Shooting in Basement."
- Binder 10: "Photographs, Edwin Walker, Edwin A. Walker File (Dallas P. D. Department," investigation of attempted murder of Edwin Walker by Oswald with photocopies of photographs, April 1963 - January 1964
- Binder 11: "Photographs, Trade Mart Aerial View, Trade Start Floor Plans."
- Box 5
- Folder 1: Dallas Morning News, November 23, 1963, "Kennedy Slain on Dallas Street," front page through page 5, November 25, 1963
- "Owner of Club Kills Oswald, "front page and page 2
- Folder 2: The Houston Post, November 23. 1963, "Assassin kills JFK in Dallas," sections 1 and 3, November 24, 1963
- section 1; November 25, 1963, Section 1, p. 1-2, 21-22
- Folder 3: Life Magazine, November 29, 1963
- special issue,"President John F. Kennedy, 1917-1963, ''
- Folder 4: Life Magazine, December 6, 1963
- Mrs. Kennedy and children at JFK's funeral on cover
- Folder 5: Saturday Evening Post, December 14, 1963
- special issue, "In Memoriam, a Senseless Tragedy,"
- Folder 6: Time Magazine, November 29, 1963
- articles on the assassination and the presidency; President Johnson on cover
- Folder 7: Life Magazine, December 13, 1963
- President Johnson on cover
- Folder 8: "Profile of a President," supplement to Levelland Sun News, April 12, 1964
- Folder 9: Daily Sentinel, November 21, 1973
- "Eyewitness: How a president died," reprint of an article by Merriman Smith, written November 23, 1963.
- Folder 10: Oklahoma City Times, Mrs. Oswald Heard, February 3 1964
- Folder 11: "November 22 Twenty Years Later," special report of the Dallas Morning News, November 20, 1983
- Folder 12: JFK Today, Dallas, Texas, thirty year commemorative edition, [ Nov. ? 1994 ]
Browse by Box: