Pena-Chireno Family Papers, 1800-1936 | East Texas Research Center
Primary Creator: Chireno, Isabel
Extent: 0.5 Linear Feet
Forms of Material: Correspondence
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Convent of the Sacred Heart Correspondence, Clarksville, Texas, 1872-1874
1. Hermana Maria Teresa - four letters to her parents.
a. November 17, 1872 - to Senora Dona Gregoria Chireno (her mother). Last page is addressed to her "esteemed sisters", Manuela and Carolina. [image]
b. December 29, 1872 - to Senor Don Luis Chireno and Gregoria Chireno. [image]
c. April 6, 1873 - to Mis muy queridos Padre i Madre. [image]
d. October 17, 1873 - to Senor Don Luis Chireno and Dona Gregoria Chireno. [image]
2. Mother Superior (Pepin de Laval?) - to Mrs. Chireno, two letters and one fragment of another.
a. May 24th (no year given). fragment, [image]
b. August 27th (no year given). [image]
c. September 2nd (no year given). An account of the last four days of Sister Maria Teresa's life; she died on Monday, August 31, 1874(?). Folder also includes two photocopies of translations of this letter. [image]
- Folder 2: Letters, Files , alphabetically by last name of authors of letters,, 1839-1902
1. Cardenas letters:
a. New Orleans, Agosto 6 de 1860 - M C Petra De Cardenas to "Querida Madre". [image]
b. Algiers, La., Feb 21th 1893 - F. Cardenas to "Dear Aunt". [image]
c. New Orleans, Agosto 23 de 1893 - F. Cardenas & Maria Coumes to Sra. Da. Gregoria Penea. [image]
d. Algiers, La., Julio 23 de 1893 - Florentino Cardenas to Senora D. Grefgoria Pena. [image]
e. Algiers, August 9th 1893 - F. Cardenas to "Dear Cousin". [image]
2. Cortinas letter:
a. Monclova, E. de Coahuila, Mexico, Agosto 11 de 1895 - Dionicio Cortinas to Sr. Jesus Pena Chireno. [image]
3. Dolson letters:
a. San Antonio, 28 de Septiembre 1891 - Natividad Dolson to Senora Da Gregoria Pena. [image]
b. San Antonio, Octubre 22 1892 - Natividad Dolson to Dn Jesus L. Pena. [image]
c. San Antonio, 21 Enero 1899 - Natividad Dolson to Da Gregoria Pena. [image]
4. Payner letter:
a. Sabine Parish, La., Deciembre 5th 1892 - Pat Payner to John Cortines. [image]
5. Pena letter:
a. Guerrero, 24 de Abril 1893 - Rafael Pena to Senora Dona Luis Chireno. [image]
6. Sanchez and Toscano letters:
a. San Antonio, Texas, 11 Julio 1890 - Tomasa Sanchez to Don Jesus P Chireno & Robert Berge. [image]
b. Portion of letter - Sra.. Sanches to ___?, n.d., n.p., no addressee. [image]
c. San Antonio, Texas Agosto 13 1893 - Manuel Toscano to Sra. Gregoria Pena. [image]
d. San Antonio, Texas, June 20 de 1894 - Tomasa Toscano to Senora Dona Gregoria Pena. [image]
7. Santos and Unidentified letters:
a. Darnell Gin, Sabine Pass, La., August the 2 1893 - E. C. Santos to Mr. Chirl D. Chireno. [image]
b. Cohitla, Texas, Junio 21 de 1902 - Unidentified author to Sra. Gregorio Pena. (front) Nacogdoches, Texas Nov. 3 1889 - Unidentified author to "Dear Cousin". (back) [image]
c. Nacogdoches, Texas, Sept. 29, 1889 - Unidentified author to "Dear Nephew". [image]
d. Fragment of letter - n.d.,. n.p., no addressee, no signature. It discusses Florentino's illness, is written on black bordered paper, handwriting is the same as other letters from New Orleans. [image]
8. Yvarvo letters:
a. Matamoras, Septiembre 4 de 1839 - Anastascio Yvarvo to Sra. Da Manuela Sanchez. [image]
b. San Antonio, Feb 4th, 1880 - F. L. Yvarvo to Sr Dn Louis Chireno. [image]
c. San Antonio, n.d. - F. L & C. C. Yvarvo to ___ ? [image]
- Folder 3: Recepts, Tax and Business, 1840-1898
1. Chireno, Mrs. Gregoria - 14 tax receipts for 1870s, 1880s, 1890s.
2. Chireno, Jesse - 3 receipts, tax & business, 1884, 1891, 1898.
3. Chireno, John - 1 tax receipt, 1878.
4. Chireno, L. P. - 5 receipts, tax and business, 1863, 1874, 1883.
5. Chireno, Luis(Louis, Lewis) - 27 tax receipts, 1840s, 1850s, 1860s, 1870s. 30 business receipts, 1850s, 1860s, 1870s, 1880s.
6. Chireno, Martin - 8 -receipts, business & tax, 1870s, 1880s.
7. Chireno, Mrs. P. - 1 -receipt, tax, 1879.
8. Chireno, S. P. - 6 receipts, business & tax, 1870s, 1880s, 1890s.
9. Cordova, Tomaso - 1 receipt, tax, 1877.
10. Cortinas, John - 3 receipts, business, 1890s.
11. Pena, Caroline - 2 receipts, business, 1890s. Jesse - 4 receipts, business & tax, 1896-1936. Luis & Matias - deed, n.d. Simon - 1 receipt, business note, 1891.
12. Penard, E. - 1 receipt, note, 1891
13. Sanchez, Manuela & Tomaso - 2 receipts, business, 1860, & 1890.
14. Unidentified - 5 receipts, business, 1875-1893.
15. Vallanova, Antonio - 2 receipts, business, n.d.
16. Y'Barbo, Francisco - 1 receipt, tax, 1854.
17. Y'Barbo, Poycarp (Polycarp) - 1 receipt, business, 1878
- Folder 4: School Trustee Appointments, 1880-1881
1. Appointment sheet - 1880 - Lewis Chireno [image]
2. Fragment of appointment sheet - 1881 - Lewis Chireno
- Folder 5: Documents, 1800-1898
1. Birth and baptismal certificates for Maria Martina Madalena, 22 July 1846 [image]
2. Cardenas, Jose Florentino - birth certificate copy, 1839. [image]
3. Cardenas, Maria - power of attorney to Manuela Jose Sanchez, 30 July 1860. [image]
4. Chireno - list of accounts, n.d.
5. Chireno, J. P. - note to Bennet Blake, Jan. 1, 1886. [image]
6. Chireno, John P. and Margarett - warranty deed to Jesse P. Chireno, 6 Jan. 1898. [image]
7. Chireno, Juan Pena - deed for land from Bennett Blake, 23 Feb. 1883. [image]
8. Chireno, L. P. et al - power of attorney to Charles Hoya, 15 Sept. 1887. [image]
9. Chireno, Louis - bill of sale or deed from William Clark. 21 Sept. 1871. [image]
10. Field notes - fragment.
11. Harris, J. B. - order to sheriff to bring Louis Chireno before him, 8 Sept. 1871. [image]
12. Long, Dr. - prescription, n.d. [image]
13. Mexican independence - poem. celebrating, n.d.
14. Sanchez, Manuel - baptismal certificate, 5 Jan.1800 [image]
17. Valentine - hand drawn and written, n.d. [image]