Holdeman/Holderman Family Collection, ca. 1840-1970 | East Texas Research Center
Primary Creator: Holdeman, John
Extent: 2.0 Boxes
Family bibles of John and Elvira McClean Holdeman and Alma Florence McCasland Holdeman, photocopies of Republic of Texas land documents and Confederate military service records of the Nacogdoches family.
John and Elvira McClean Holdeman were married in Nashville, Tennessee, and came to Nacogdoches about 1838 or 1839. Holdeman descendants intermarried with the Berry, Killian, Morton, and Hamby families in Texas. Many of their descendants are located throughout the state. The Holdeman name is variously spelled Haldeman and Halderman.
Access Restrictions: Open for research.
Acquisition Method: Gift
Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Item 1: Bible of Alma Florence McCasland Holdeman, 1950-1962
- Contains birth and marriage records. Fair condition (taped spine, missing title page).
- Item 2: King James Bible of Alma Florence McCasland Holdeman, 1880-1970
- Contains family birth, death, marriage, and military service records. Fair condition.
- Item 3: Photocopy of the vital records from the family bible of Isa Bell (Hamby) Holdeman, 1834-1967
- Nine pages