Holdeman/Holderman Family Collection, ca. 1840-1970 | East Texas Research Center
Primary Creator: Holdeman, John
Extent: 2.0 Boxes
Family bibles of John and Elvira McClean Holdeman and Alma Florence McCasland Holdeman, photocopies of Republic of Texas land documents and Confederate military service records of the Nacogdoches family.
John and Elvira McClean Holdeman were married in Nashville, Tennessee, and came to Nacogdoches about 1838 or 1839. Holdeman descendants intermarried with the Berry, Killian, Morton, and Hamby families in Texas. Many of their descendants are located throughout the state. The Holdeman name is variously spelled Haldeman and Halderman.
Access Restrictions: Open for research.
Acquisition Method: Gift
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: John and Elvira McClean Holdeman family Bible record, ca. 1840
- Folder 2: Erasmus Oliver and Linnie Lenora Waller Holdeman family Bible records, ca. 1916
- Folder 3: Mary Oliver Berry West York Holdeman family Bible records, ca. 1866
- Folder 4: Republic of Texas land documents, 1839, 1844
- Folder 5: Confederate military service records of William Riley Holdeman, 1864
- Folder 6: Obituary of Goodwin Killion (Killian), 1860