Burton Crossland Collection, 1787-1987 | East Texas Research Center
By Lois Blount 1959, Linda Coingore 1979, Pam Palmer & Linda Nicklas, 1981
Extent: 2.5 Linear Feet
Date Acquired: 00/00/1959. More info below under Accruals.
Access Restrictions: Open for research.
Acquisition Method: Gift
Browse by Box:
[Box 5: ],
- Box 4
- Folder 1: J. Stephens Abbot, Concord, NH, to [Richard?] Parmalee & Coe, Nacogdoches, 1851
Bill for two hack passenger wagons, October 7, 1851
Bill for one family wagon, December 10, 1851.
- Folder 2: S. Crossland, letter to James L. Crossland [brother], 1862
- re: Civil War
- Folder 3: Charles U. and Lizzy Brady, correspondence to them, 1885-1886
- Folder 4: Miscellaneous correspondence, 1855-1897
- re: business, land, Vitae Ore medical cure-all
- Folder 5: Miscellaneous correspondence, 1874-1957[?]
- Post cards, envelopes, some re: bank business
- Folder 6: Spanish land grant to Johnston Parmer, 1835
- Description of his land, 1840
- Folder 7: Spanish land grant of Wiley McJones, 1835. Deeds of sale from Wiley McJones to Richard Sparks and others, 1835-1855
- Folder 8: Deeds of land sales, Nacogdoches County, 1838-1848. Theophilus Ellison to John N. Hubert; David Rusk, sheriff, selling abandoned land of Juan de los Santos Coy to Charles M. Gould and land of Pedro Roblo for defaulted taxes to Richard Parmalee; Peter Murphy to John S. Roberts
- Folder 9: Land papers, Nacogdoches County, 1857-1866. Deed from David Rusk to John Reid; homestead claim of James R. Kendall; deed from Albert A. Nelson to Haden [H.] Edwards and Thomas R. Buford; land grant to Guadalupe Richards signed by Gov. J. W. Throckmorton
- Folder 10: Land papers, Nacogdoches and Shelby County, 188_-1891. Deed from Lycurgus S. Roberts to Giles B. Crain; deed from George F. Ingraham to George H. Weaver; certificate of survey by Shelby County Surveyor John Holt for sale by George Davidson to L. A. Sinclair; incomplete deed from R. H. Lee to Ybarbo
- Folder 11: Field notes with survey maps and sketches, 1878-189_, Undated
- Folder 12: Field notes and other notes about land, Undated
- Folder 13: Legal documents, 1828-1851. Probated will of Gabriel Boyer, Germantown, PA; fragment of estate paper for William G. Logan; testimony that Peter Murphy was a resident of Texas before 1836, signed by John Baptiste Pulvadore and Vital Flores
- Folder 14: Legal documents, 1857-1897
Sale of slave by Asa Yarborough to John S. Thorn.
Contract for mail carrying transferred from Walter E. C. Mayfield and Emory S. Huston to Mayfield alone.
Complaint by Margaret Winston against Philip Winston, Marion County.
Notes on estate of Mary Ella Stoker.
- Folder 15: Promissory notes, 1855-1872. Nacogdoches County and Shreveport, LA. Includes William B. Ochiltree and several to the firm of McClure & Edwards
- Folder 16: Accounts and receipts of Jose' Maria Acosta, 1857-1859
- Folder 17: Accounts of W. H. Jordan, Shreveport, LA, 1872-1873
- Folder 18: Account and Confederate tax receipt of Thomas H. Lister, 1833, 1861. Account book containing Lister names, 1839 1879
- Confederate War Tax receipt, May 2, 1862. [image]
- Folder 19: Receipts and bills,, 1858-1899
- Folder 20: C. F. Simmons Vest Pocket Calendar, 1876-1877. Contains information on the weather, medical ailments, prescriptions. Handwritten account of daily expenditures also included
- Folder 21: Cotton account of H. M. Payne[?] & Co., Shreveport, LA, 1874
- Folder 22: United Daughters of the Confederacy certificate to Uorah L. Cox, 1929
- Folder 23: First adhesive postage stamp, Great Britain #1, Undated
- Folder 24: K. Lamity's Harpoon magazine, Austin, TX, Sept. 1, 1907
- Folder 25: The Houston Chronicle Souvenir Historical Edition. Reprints front pages for April 16, 1912 (sinking of Titanic), November 11, 1918 (Germany surrenders in WWI), May 22, 1927 (Lindberg crossing the Atlantic), May 7, 1937 (Hindenburg disaster), Dec. 8, 1941 (Pearl Harbor), August 14, 1945 (Japanese surrender W.W.II), April 16, 1947 (Texas City explosions), February 20, 1962 (John Glenn orbits earth)
Browse by Box:
[Box 5: ],