By Linda Reynolds, 2008
Scope and Contents of the Materials
Collection consists mostly of deed records for J. W. Christian and property he owned.
Collection Historical Note
James W. ”J. W.” Christian was born February 9, 1872 to John E. and Rosanna Moore Christian. On October 22, 1891 he married Zeffie Pool the daughter of Ephraim Nathaniel “Richard” and Rebecca Clevenger Pool. J. W. and Zeffie had 9 children, James R.A., Philip Monroe, Elsie Rose, Nellie Ann, Jones Bryan, Velma, Lena, Ellen and James W. J. W. died May 17, 1937 and is buried in Old Union Cemetery in Nacogdoches, Texas.
East Texas Research Center
Open for research.
Box and Folder Listing Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Deeds
- Folder 2: State of Texas vs Joe Bug Roquemore, et.al., 1915
- Folder 3: Vendor Liens
- Folder 4: Life Insurance Policies
- Folder 5: Tax receipts, 1932, 1933, 1936
- Folder 6: Tax receipts, 1912-1944
- Folder 7: Receipts and statements