San Augustine Educational Institutions, 1878-1968 | East Texas Research Center
Extent: 78.0 Items
Related Materials: President, Office of the (Birdwell). ETRC University Archives UA4.
Browse by Box:
- Box 1
- Folder 1: University of San Augustine, 1837-1889
3 items -
1837-1886 - J. W. Baines, Sec. of State, Austin, to S. W. Blount, San Augustine. Letter including typescript of Articles of Incorporation for University of San Augustine.
1888, Nov. 14 - R. M. Hall, Gen. Land Office Commissioner, Austin, to S. W. Blount. Typed letter plus envelope.
1889, Jan. 9 - Hazlewood & Templeton, Henrietta, TX, to S. W. Blount. Letter plus envelope.
- Folder 2: Wesleyan Male and Female College, 1846-1900
6 items -
1845, Jan. 23 - Articles of Agreement between Board of Trustees of Wesleyan College and Felix G. Lovell
1846, July 25 - To Bishop Joshaway [sic] Soule, Nashville TN, from Francis Wilson, concerning principal for Female College.
1848, Apr. 12-1858, Aug. 20 - Sale of land to Wesleyan College by E. O. LeGrand. Notarized and recorded.
1900, May 16, 24, 30 - James E. Hill, Livingston to Judge Rufus Price. Concerning Wesleyan land. Typed. 3 letters.
- Folder 3: University of Eastern Texas, 1848-1852
- 1852, Jan. 16 - Handwritten copy of Act of the Legislature Incorporating the University of Eastern Texas, approved Mar. 8, 1848.
- Folder 4: Universities at San Augustine
- 1847, Oct. 23 - Typescript of an article which appeared in The Northern Standard regarding the merger of San Augustine's two universities