Harrison and N. J. Moore established the Chronicle, known as the Texas Chronicle or Nacogdoches Chronicle, in early 1852, with Harrison as editor. It was politically democratic and was opposed to sectional agitation. In early 1854, Harrison and Moore retired, and E. W. Cane, who had been editor pro tem., purchased the paper and edited it. The Northern Standard of March 5, 1859, reported that the Chronicle, which had been "behind the curtain for some time," had reappeared. It was discontinued early in the Civil War years.
Scope and Contents: The two volumes show subscribers and amounts paid, other newspapers exchanged with the Chronicle, advertising accounts and accounts paid. Included are the names of many city and county residents.