J. Roy Gray Collection, 1830-1881
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: This collection consists of original deeds and other documents relating to the von der Hoya family in Nacogdoches. One item of interest is a conveyance of property in Nacogdoches from Thomas J. Rusk to Bennett Blake which includes the Red House. The Red House was the Old Spanish Barracks until 1832, and in 1845 it became Nacogdoches University.
Held at:
East Texas Research Center
1936 North Street
Nacogdoches, TX 75961
Phone: 936-468-4636
Email: asketrc [at] sfasu.edu
Record Series Number: A/152
Created by: Gray, J. Roy (James Roy) (1887-1966)
Volume: 0.5 Linear Feet
Acquired: 00/00/1960.
Access Restrictions: Open for research.
Subject Index
Deeds -- Texas -- Nacogdoches
Land titles -- Texas -- Nacogdoches
Nacogdoches University (Nacogdoches, Tex.) -- History -- Sources
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Spanish;Castilian [spa]
German [ger]
Related Materials: Nacogdoches University. ETRC Business & Organizational Collection. B-46