Angelina Lumber Company, 1887-1966
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: The papers of this major lumbering enterprise were deposited with the Forest History Archives of the Stephen F. Austin State University Library in two groups. The first papers, prior to 1930, came in 1955 and the remainder at after the liquidation of the company in 1966 through the courtesy of Simon Henderson, Jr., and Ernest L. Kurth, Jr. It is one of the largest and most complete collections of company papers to be found in any depository, numbering more than 500,000 items.
Held at:
East Texas Research Center
1936 North Street
Nacogdoches, TX 75961
Phone: 936-468-4636
Email: asketrc [at] sfasu.edu
Record Series Number: F/1
Volume: 812.0 Linear Feet
Arrangement:

This is an unprocessed collection. Portions of it have been re-housed, but not thoroughly enoughed described to be considered processed.

There are 1190 boxes and 619 books & ledgers.

Subject Index
Angelina County Lumber Company -- Records and correspondence
Business records -- Texas -- Angelina County
Lumbering -- Texas, East
Lumber trade -- Texas -- Angelina County
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Related Materials:

Angelina and Neches River Railroad Company. ETRC Business & Organizational Collection. B-20

Southland Paper Mills, Inc. Records. ETRC Business & Organizational Collection. B-55