The AARC offers weekly tutoring appointments for the semester for specific courses. You can search for a time slot for this series of appointments for the semester through our TutorTrac database for the first 2 weeks of each full term.
For the rest of the semester, students desiring tutors can put their names on a Wait List:
To ensure that available weekly appointments have the greatest impact possible, consistent and meaningful attendance is expected. The AARC may cancel any remaining weekly appointment sessions for inconsistent attendance which includes any one of the following:
- Failure to attend the first session (“no-show”)
- Failure to attend any session without cancelling the appointment (“no-show”). You can cancel sessions by calling 936-468-4108.
- Failure to attend 2 out of 3 consecutive sessions (including those for which you formally cancel)
- Failure to stay for at least 30 minutes of the appointment each week
- Failure to attend 4 sessions total (cancelling four sessions at any time throughout the semester)
Weekly appointment clients are expected to utilize the full fifty-minute session.
The AARC does not offer weekly appointments for Maymester or Summer Sessions.