The mission of the Ralph W. Steen Library is to offer an array of informational, educational and research support services intended to further the University’s mission of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative work, and service.
- To work in partnership with faculty to optimize the educational outcomes of students.
- To promote the development of the library through the selection, acquisition, organization, and maintenance of information resources.
- To assist students, faculty, and staff with their information technology needs through the maintenance of computing lab and classroom facilities within the Library.
- To enhance the educational outcome of students through tutoring services and research instruction, in both face-to-face and online environments.
- To provide effective and efficient user information services.
- To support the university’s records management program.
- To provide equal access to information through adaptive equipment and personal assistance for patrons with disabilities.